Two Wenches and a Dog

We are two wenches. We have a dog.

Friday, August 19, 2005

I hadn't realized it was so soon.

I looked at the calendar today and, with a start, saw that in 12 days, Sharill and I will be parted forever, by distance and circumstance. OK, well maybe not forever, but at least for the foreseeable future. Our lease is up on the 31st. On that day, the council will lose a crucial bit - cohabitation. 3 more years and we might have qualified for partner benefits in some states, Canada, Spain, and the Netherlands. And she gets the dog. Yes, yes, I know it's her dog and she pays for it and walks it and feeds it and gets up with it. Still, I've gotten used to Syd and will miss her.

At least we have the last hurrah, next weekend in Orlando. Will we blog it, or will the grief still be too near? Only time will tell. Maybe I'll write a lament.

I'm going to go cry now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home